Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nature Nerd Wednesdays - National Park Edition

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays!  By the middle of the workweek, I know that I'm ready for a pick-me-up, for some inspiration -- and for that reason I decided to post a nature photo or quote each Wednesday.  Perusing works of nature writing and photography helps me reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature, which is something we all can benefit from in the middle of a busy, stressful work week!

Since the government is still shut down and our national parks are still closed, this week I'll be bringing you "round two" of the National Park Edition of Nature Nerd Wednesdays.  We are forbidden from visiting our national parks during the shutdown, so I'm bringing the national parks to you! Or at least lovely photos of them.

This week, I found a few stunning photos from Washington's own North Cascades National Park.  Situated exactly where you would expect-- in the northern Cascade mountains of Washington State-- the scenery at this park abounds with the rugged beauty of mountain peaks, steep slopes, turquoise glacial lakes, old-growth forests, and glaciers.

 Original source unknown-- if this is your photo, please let me know!

Gazing at the photo above, I can just feel my cheeks and nose beings stung to a nice rosy red by the chilly autumn air.  

"Larches at Heather Pass" Dave Fry Photo

Such beautiful scenery.  I can only imagine what the fall colors in the park look like right now... too bad that no one is allowed to enjoy it for the time being!

I haven't personally visited North Cascades National Park yet, but after doing a little research for this blog, I've already found a few hikes to add to my bucket list.  Maybe that is one good thing that came from the closure of the national parks during the government shutdown... I now feel very inspired and motivated to visit our parks when I have the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment