Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Nature Nerd Wednesdays - Christmas Edition

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays!  By the middle of the workweek, I know that I'm ready for a pick-me-up, for some inspiration -- and for that reason I decided to post a nature photo or quote each Wednesday.  Perusing works of nature writing and photography helps me reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature, which is something we all can benefit from in the middle of a busy, stressful work week!

Since this week's Nature Nerd Wednesday happens to fall on Christmas day, I will keep it short and sweet...

Below is a photo I took several years ago, the morning after a healthy snowstorm that left us with nearly a foot of snow.  It was a beautiful morning, with brilliant sunshine reflecting off the perfectly white snow.  The snow seemed to absorb all sound from the crisp air, leaving only the slushy, soft sound of the Snoqualmie river flowing past, with the snow-covered trees standing guard over all.


Wishing you and yours a Christmas with all of the peace of a snowy winter's day, and filled with the joy of spending time with loved ones.  Be sure to escape outdoors and spend a quiet moment enjoying the beautiful natural world we've been gifted with!

No comments:

Post a Comment