Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays!  By the middle of the workweek, I know that I'm ready for a pick-me-up, for some inspiration -- and for that reason I decided to post a nature photo or quote each Wednesday.  Perusing works of nature writing and photography helps me reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature, which is something we all can benefit from in the middle of a busy, stressful work week!

There are few sounds in nature that I find to be more soothing than the sound of water.  Whether it's the sound of raindrops drumming on the roof, a gurgling stream, waves crashing on the beach, or the roar of a waterfall, this vital element of life produces a sound that can quiet even the most jittery and anxious nerves.

I recently realized that although I wrote about my hiking adventure to Falls Creek Falls in my "In Search of Old Growth" piece, I completely neglected to share any images of the Falls itself! This Nature Nerd Wednesday, I decided that it was time to remedy that situation, so please enjoy the soothing sound of Falls Creek Falls in my video below. 

 

You can imagine what a delight it was to reach this breathtaking sight at the end of the trail.  This grotto-like falls tumbles through old growth forest, splashing into a basin below thickly covered with verdant moss and reminiscent of a fairy pool. I could have easily settled down onto one of the mossy boulders and listened to the rushing waterfall for hours.



1 comment: