Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays!  By the middle of the workweek, I know that I'm ready for a pick-me-up, for some inspiration -- and for that reason I decided to post a nature photo or quote each Wednesday.  Perusing works of nature writing and photography helps me reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature, which is something we all can benefit from in the middle of a busy, stressful work week!

I know that on this blog, I typically encourage everyone to enjoy the season we're currently in, as even in the chill of winter or blazing heat of summer, there is unique scenery and beauty to be found in the natural world around us.  However, I'm taking a brief departure from that sentiment this week, because seeing footage on the news of half our country frozen in the polar vortex coupled with the dreary grey weather and constant rain outside my window has me longing for sunnier seasons, and I'm sure many other people feel the same way!

One of the natural phenomena I look forward to every year is the world bursting into bloom in the springtime, and the cherry trees in particular.  Those delicate blossoms with their sweet and unmistakable fragrance never fail to lift my spirits, so this Nature Nerd Wednesday, please enjoy a photo of what we have to look forward to just a few months from now...



I took these photos on a warm, sunny spring day a few years back.  Although the rain is pounding on the roof as I write this, by gazing at these photos I can already smell the lovely blossoms and feel the sunshine on my back...

What do you look forward to to chase away the rainy day blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment