Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays!  By the middle of the workweek, I know that I'm ready for a pick-me-up, for some inspiration -- and for that reason I decided to post a nature photo or quote each Wednesday.  Perusing works of nature writing and photography helps me reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature, which is something we all can benefit from in the middle of a busy, stressful work week!

Western Washington has been absolutely drenched with rain over the past week or two. With flooded rivers in the lowlands and avalanches in the passes, even northwesterners such as myself who enjoy a nice rainy day are growing weary of the heavy gray skies and unrelenting precipitation. 

Thankfully, we're getting a much-appreciated break in the weather, and in celebration of the brilliant sunshine flooding my house with light this morning and the hope of spring just around the corner, I decided to share a warm, sunny photo this Nature Nerd Wednesday. And of course, a few fitting words from John Muir to encourage us all to get outdoors and enjoy the revitalizing fresh air and warm, soothing sunshine in person!

Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Big Four Mountain in the background.  Lainey Piland Photo.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. 
~John Muir
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment