Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays!  By the middle of the workweek, I know that I'm ready for a pick-me-up, for some inspiration -- and for that reason I decided to post a nature photo or quote each Wednesday.  Perusing works of nature writing and photography helps me reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature, which is something we all can benefit from in the middle of a busy, stressful work week! 

Happy Spring! You all know how much I love time-lapse nature films, so in order to celebrate the end of winter and the advent of this much-anticipated season of beginnings, I found a beautiful time-lapse video of blooming flowers.

This early in the season, the weather may still be rainy and the scenery outside may still be dressed in the drab bareness of winter, but take a look at the film below and keep in mind that the awe-inspiring renewal of springtime is quietly happening all around us.



Flowers emerging from their wintertime respite and unfurling their leaves and petals look uncannily similar to a person rising from bed in the morning, twisting from side to side and stretching. If only we could all greet the new day so gracefully! Rise and shine!



No comments:

Post a Comment