|Deception Pass First Day Hike - Lainey Piland photo|
2014 is drawing to a close, and the dwindling days that remain are the perfect time to reflect back on the year. In terms of outdoor adventures, 2014 has been a great year for this Nature Nerd: starting with a "first day hike" at Deception Pass on January 1st and ending with a soggy-but-wonderful Black Friday hike to Coal Creek Falls. And let's not forget the spectacular Geminid meteor shower just a few weeks ago.
Here are some of the highlights from 2014: the five most-popular blog posts on A Day Without Rain this year:
1. See America: Reviving New Deal artwork to celebrate our national parks
2. Going Green: Toxins in Your Shampoo? Clean Up Your Beauty Routine
3. Wanderings: The Snoqualmie Valley Regional Trail
4. Going Green: A Day Without Waste on April 9th
5. Wanderings: Seeking Spring
Thank you to all who take the time to read my blog, and I hope to see you back in 2015 to share even more adventures, "going green" tips, and Nature Nerd musings!
You can also follow me on Twitter: @LaineyPiland