Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays, your mid-week nature break to reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature. Take a deep breath and enjoy...

Okay, I'll be honest here. My brain is fried. I actually almost forgot to write a Nature Nerd Wednesday post (gasp!). It seems as though the closer we get to Christmas, the busier my days get, the more frantic and whirling the thoughts in my brain become, and as a result I lose track of what day it is and what I'm supposed to be doing. Frankly, I'm surprised that I can string together a few coherent sentences here! And I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who can relate.

This is why we have Nature Nerd Wednesdays. To have a moment where we can take a deep breath, immerse ourselves in nature photos or videos, and hopefully feel a little more relaxed and refreshed thereafter.

In keeping with the heavenly theme of my recent post about the Geminid meteor shower, today I'm sharing a wonderful time-lapse film called Chasing Starlight, which I came across in an article on EarthSky. Created by photographer Jack Fusco, this video features the starry skies of Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Canada. Be sure to enlarge the video to full-screen and crank up those speakers to get the full benefit of that ethereal music:


I've been lucky enough to visit Banff and Jasper National Parks in person (thanks Dad!), and they certainly have a unique and impressive beauty about them.  They are only made more beautiful when you throw in some deep starry skies and colorful northern lights!

For more of photographer Jack Fusco's amazing work, check out his website here.

If you're in need of more relaxation, check out the Nature Nerd Wednesday archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment