Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays, your mid-week nature break to reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature. Take a deep breath and enjoy...

Lainey Piland photo

My (painfully long) commute to my new job has one bright side in that I get to witness both the sunrise and the sunset every weekday as I'm slowly creeping along in traffic. While some days are overcast, rainy, or have otherwise unspectacular sunrise and sunset viewing conditions, there are just as many days that have been stunningly beautiful. Earlier this week, I was driving home and let out an involuntary gasp when I saw the Cascade range illuminated with the last rays of evening light, just the peaks and ridges in stunning orange alpenglow while the rest of the world below was already consumed in blue twilight.

Sunrises and sunsets provide a few fleeting moments of natural beauty in my daily routine. In the time lapse film below we can enjoy even more colorful and breathtaking sunsets. Check out the Yosemite HD II film created by Project Yosemite:




I'm usually not a fan of the interesting soundtracks that often accompany nature time lapse films, but I have to admit that that one was quite uplifting and exhilarating paired with the rugged and impressive landscapes of Yosemite National Park! Or maybe that's just the desperate mid-week need for inspiration talking...

Have a great week, and take some time to enjoy a sunrise, or a sunset, or even both!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lainey, I bet you are referring to that spectacular sunrise last...Tuesday? Followed by the equally spectacular sunrise last Wednesday. What a gift! Your shot is beautiful. And thanks for sharing the Yosemite video - it's a place dear to me after having worked there off and on from 2000-2004. Haven't been back since, far too long!!

    ReplyDelete