Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays, your mid-week nature break to reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature. Take a deep breath and enjoy...

Breathtaking scenery at Deception Pass State Park - classic Pacific Northwest nature. Lainey Piland photo

Okay, I have a confession. As I write this, it is late on Tuesday evening, and I'm feeling a little panicked. I had nothing to share this Nature Nerd Wednesday... nothing... until the stars aligned and I somehow had the good fortune to stumble across a spectacular film. Created by Jared Pace, this time lapse film features jaw-dropping scenery from the California coast and Pacific Northwest, from the chilly gray beaches and sea stacks, to the mossy forest, to the imposing mountains with skirts of wildflower meadows and a crown of stars.

This may be the best time lapse nature film I've seen yet. One thing is for sure: the serene landscapes and slow rhythms of nature so exquisitely depicted in the film will leave you with a zen-like tranquility and feeling of complete awe.

Genesis from Jarod Pace on Vimeo.

Luckily, this film needs no words to explain or enhance it, so I'll keep the post short and sweet this Wednesday. Have a great week, and be sure to get outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment