Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays, your mid-week nature break to reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature. Take a deep breath and enjoy...

Blue skies? What are those? Here's a reminder from a July day in 2014.

Where is our summer?! Bemoan the masses of western Washington, gazing despairingly at the gray skies and drizzly rain presiding over the month that has been christened "Jultober". Many people are missing the sunshine and warm summer temperatures we typically expect this time of year.

With memories of last year's scorching, drought-ridden summer still fresh in my mind, I'm one of the few people reveling in the rain and cool temperatures. I figure that taking a break from the ninety-degree days and dry spells can only be a good thing for our homeground still recovering from drought stress.

For those who are missing the sunshine, Nature 365 comes to the rescue with a short film that captures perfectly those summer afternoons where all is cast in a warm honeyed light. This scene reminds me so much of my summers growing up, where the horse pastures would be awash in gold and the trees swaying as the evening breeze picked up. I can only imagine the sweet scents perfuming the breeze in this film...



Hang in there, everyone! I'm sure the weather will be hot and sunny before too long... and then we'll be wishing for rain! Isn't that how it always goes?


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, I think this weather is perfect! Always love a summer rain.

    ReplyDelete