Monday, December 26, 2016

Looking back at 2016: Top 5 most-read posts on the blog this year


Sauk Mtn - "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey

We've already arrived at the final week of 2016. It was a year of Wanderings, of exploring new places, meeting new friends, and reaching new heights. This year, my wanderings led me to reflect on our place in the world, our impact upon it and our responsibility to it. As the year winds down, let's take a look back at the most popular blog posts of the year.

1. Wanderings: Sauk Mountain

If the world ends, let me be here... a place that inspired a true feeling of gratitude and exhilaration.


2. In the News: Wildfires in Western Washington

Wildfires made an appearance in Western Washington this spring, and may become a regular occurrence with our changing climate.


3. Wanderings: Fragrance Lake

The first meetup of the Alpine Trails Book Club led to this tranquil lake surrounded by a forest full of history and interesting geology.


4. Wanderings: Mount Si

My biggest challenge yet, climbing Mount Si gave me a whole new perspective on my own abilities, and on my home valley far below.


5. Wanderings: Brightwater  

Hiking at a wastewater treatment plant? It's way more fun (and much less smelly) than one might expect.



2016 was a year to remember, and let's hope that 2017 will be even better yet! Stay tuned to A Day Without Rain in the new year - although the blog may be leaning more toward Musings and less Wandering thanks to my current pregnant state and my son to be born in early May - but you can bet I'll be getting him outdoors as soon as I can!

Follow along on Twitter at @LaineyPiland or on Instagram at @a_day_without_rain_blog.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love reading your blog posts. There is no greater adventure than raising a child. Thanks again and all the best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyson! Thank you so much for reading, and for your kind comment. I really appreciate it. :) Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year as well!

      Delete