Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Nature Nerd Wednesdays

Welcome to Nature Nerd Wednesdays, your mid-week nature break to reconnect with the calming, refreshing, and inspiring effects of nature. Take a deep breath and enjoy...

Gulls at the coast. Lainey Piland photo

Christmas is now just a few days away. How's everyone doing out there? This season brings a hectic busy-ness for most of us, leaving little time to enjoy the things that bring peace and relaxation, including getting outdoors for hikes on the weekends.

If your heart is longing for the solitude and quiet of the outdoors, watch the film below and escape to the remote beaches of Olympic National Park, where leopard seals lounge on sandy beaches and waves explode against sea stacks. This film is Part 1 of the Olympic NP collection created by filmmaker Rudy Wilms, who plans to film each of the Olympic National Park's ecosystems (which I assume are coastal, forest, and alpine). I'm looking forward to seeing the other films!

Olympic NP Pacific Coast from Rudy Wilms on Vimeo.

The landscapes in this film have an expansive quality to them. After watching, I now feel like I can inhale more deeply, stretch out my limbs, let go of a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding... a perfect tonic for the stress many of us feel this time of year.

Have a wonderful Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding and sharing these lovely films! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy looking for new films every week. :) Happy Holidays to you, Jill! I hope you get to spend plenty of time adventuring outdoors.

      Delete